Zoltan Istvan “gave away” the Transhumanist Party, but kept the TP trademark… four possible explanations
by Hank Pellissier
Zoltan Itsvan was a 2016 Presidential transhumanist candidate who actually ran as an individual (not as the Transhumanist Party candidate, because TP was never registered with the FEC - Federal Election Committee.) Despite the fraudulent past of the Transhumanist Party, the entire is still valued, due to thousands of members and fundraising potential.
Zoltan Istvan supposedly “gave away” the US Transhumanist Party to Gennady Stolyarov, who is now the so-called chairman of the party.
Zoltan retained, however, sole ownership of the Transhumanist Party trademark. In a move “unusual” in a business transaction, to say the least, Istvan kept the TP trademark in his private ownership.
See: Transhumanist Party™ is a registered trademark; all services and products of Transhumanist Party are protected under law at the bottom of http://www.zoltanistvan.com/TranshumanistParty.html
(below is the current trademark registration of the Transhumanist Party)
Here are four possible explanations that seek to understand why Zoltan Istvan is not handing over the trademark, or the original website:
1) Zoltan’s Excuse. ZI says he needs to keep the trademark in his sole possession so it is not stolen or misused by “trolls” and opponents. (disclosure: I am a proud troll of his, so is Adam Ford and many other transhumanists) Gennady Stolyarov accepts this reason from Istvan, and defends it. Truth-o-meter: This reason… is self-serving and unsatisfactory. If Zoltan really wanted to give up the Transhumanist Party he founded (even though it is bogus) he should hand over the trademark and website.
2) Fear of TP Reform: Perhaps Ivan is fearful that the TP, without his daily hands-on leadership, will wildly astray and disavow him, his past actions, and present ideas. IF TP does veer into anti-Zoltanism, his hand on the trademark can squelch all opposition. Likehood: Yeah, probably, makes sense to me.
3) Fallback Plan: If Zoltan doens’t get the Libertarian nomination for California Governor, or, looking ahead, the Libertarian nomination for President, his back up plan might be to run for President again (like Hillary Clinton) in 2010 as the Trashumanist Party candidate. He can use his trademark power to ensure his nomination. Likelihood: He’d be miserable if this was his best option, but its better than not being in the limelight at all.
4) Political Muscle - Right now, Zoltan has Gennady, plus other staff and recruitment agent, adding names to the already long list of “members” (I’ve been informed that it is rude to call them “stooges” or “Sheep”) Whatever Zoltan’s ambitions are, its great for him mohave this list of potential voters, and he doesn’t have to work at collecting them. The trademark? See #2. Likelihood: Of course.
5) Money - Zoltan Istvan implies in a Facebook exchange that the trademark has monetary value, and he'd like that money. See screenshot below:
Elsewhere on Facebook, (Scientific Transhumanism) Zoltan discusses his ambitions as a Libertarian candidate. See below:
Is Zoltan retaining the trademark, hoping it will provide funds for the Libertarian Party campaign he describes? Likelihood: His words are above.
What do you think his reasons are, for not giving the Trashumanist Party the trademark, for the organization they supposedly own?
NOTICE: The Transhuman Party is seeking 23 "start up" members.
For more info: email firstname.lastname@example.org